Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital
About Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital
Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital, formerly West Shore Medical Center (WSMC), is a 45-bed acute care hospital offering emergency, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services. Located in Manistee, the hospital has over 350 employees, including 40 primary care and specialty services physicians.
Job Opening Updates
Located on Lake Michigan, Manistee is a popular port city with a Victorian-era downtown. The community is one of the top boating and fishing ports in Michigan, with anglers pursuing the plentiful king salmon, lake trout and walleye. The historic downtown features a variety of shops, restaurants, galleries and more.
Popular Community Attractions
- Built in 1903 in a classic Colonial design, the Ramsdell Theater was compared to the top vaudeville and opera in its early day. Today, it has been completely restored and hosts a variety of community plays, concerts and events. Noted actor, James Earl Jones, started here as a stage carpenter.
- Manistee has an emerging film industry, with several full-length movies having been shot here, starring such actors as Lee Majors, Christopher Lloyd and Ernie Hudson.
Awards & Accreditations
- 2015 Most Wired Hospital (American Hospital Association)
- 2014 Governor’s Award of Excellence
- 2014-2017 Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Program (American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
Heidi Henry, FASPR
Senior Physician Recruiter